Windrush Generations Social Action Programme ( children in whom was no blemish)
Windrush Generations Social Action Programme provides Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) sessions at COGOP UK local churches and community partners at locations across the midlands, south west and north west regions.
The activities include awareness workshops, drop-in sessions, support for online applications and the opportunity to train to become a community champions.
This social action programme is a time limited intervention between May – October 2018.
As part of the commitment to rectify matters the Home office has set up an Outreach team to engage with Communities and individuals.
The purpose of the Outreach team will be to provide support, advice and reassurance to people impacted by Windrush. They will do this by offering ‘one to one’ interviews on a Surgery style format or by obtaining contact details by those who may want to contacted later.
The surgeries are intended to provide help.
People will need to be reassured that there is no Enforcement action that will take place for anyone coming forward to the surgeries.
Home Office Windrush Surgeries, Midday – 2pm
- Sunday 12 Aug COGOP, 146 Cattell Rd, Small Heath, Birmingham, B10
- Sunday 12 AUG COGOP Faith & Hope Ministries, Lenwood Hall, Coronation Rd, Plaistow, E13
- Sunday 19 Aug COGOP, Park Lane, Handsworth, Birmingham,B21 8LE Birmingham
- Sunday 9 Sep COGOP, 2 Tudor Rd, Easton,Bristol, BS5 6BW
- Sunday 28 Oct COGOP, 300 Moss Lane East, Moss Side, Manchester, M14 4SS
If there is a need for a windrush surgery at your location please email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Windrush external factsheet for UK audiences 15th June 2018